During World War II, the Army’s Information & Historical personnel conducted hundreds of interviews of troops immediately after significant combat events. The selected records included here pertain to the 7th Armored Division and to some of the units that were allied with them.
The units included thus far are:
The actions included in the records thus far are:
- August 1944: Beaches to Chartres to Melun to Verdun, France
- September 44: Verdun to Metz and the Moselle River, France (These are hospital Interviews, not combat interviews. Thus they also have information about August 1944.)
- October-November 44: German attack at Meijel, Holland and vicinity, 27 Oct - 7 Nov 1944
- December 1944: the defense east of and in St. Vith Salient, at Krombach, and at Manhay, Belgium
- January 1945: the recapture of St. Vith, Belgium
- March 1945: the Remagen Bridgehead and breakout
- April 1945: the encirclement and reduction of the Ruhr Pocket.
All of these records are now available, many on Amazon.com.